Kids in the Kitchen

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Monday, February 27, 2012.

I love being in the kitchen- cooking (or trying to cook) washing dishes, cleaning out the pantry...I know it's a sickness. One of the things I really enjoy is cooking- a new recipe, an old recipe, or something that I came up with on the whim hoping that David and the kids will like it. Most of the time, my recipes turn out ok and edible. There have been times that I have burnt things or thrown out a whole pot since it was horrible. But I try and I enjoy trying to cook.
We try to get the kids in the kitchen as often as possible. Weeknights are difficult since we have so much to do between homework, dinner, packing the next day's lunch, sports etc. But even on these busy weekenights, we try to get the kids to set up the table, clean up their dishes and put away condiments after dinner. So weekends are perfect days when we can get the kids in the kitchen to help out. The kids love to wash the dishes, cook soups, chili, pasta and of course dessert!


Julia helping Daddy with the dishes

(they do the dishes for me on the weekends!) LOVE!

Julia making homemade Crab Soup!
Matthew making Chili!


No Responses to Kids in the Kitchen

Leave a Reply