iPatch?

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Wednesday, February 1, 2012.

We have created these monster. I whole heartedly accept the repercussions of having tech monsters. That is my new name for Matthew & Julia. Here is the conversation we had in the car the other night:

ME: "Dave- I have to put a patch on Matthew's stuff when we get home."

MATTHEW: "Mom- whats a patch? Is that an iPatch? Is that an app for my tablet?"

Dave and I just started laughing hysterically. Matthew got upset of course because he thought we were laughing at him but all joking aside- it was pretty funny!
David wrote an article in the Baltimore Examiner about this exact topic. We have truly turned our kids to be tech monsters and it is amazing how fast, how quick they can comprehend technology today. We put the cell phones in their hands at a young age, we put them in front of a computer, laptop, gaming systems and now tablets. If I don't know how to play a game, my tech monsters kindly and gently show me how to do it and how to win.

Here is a link to Dave's add:
http://www.examiner.com/fatherhood-in-baltimore/how-times-have-changed-through-the-eyes-of-a-parent

No Responses to iPatch?

Leave a Reply