O Oak Tree... O Oak Tree..

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Tuesday, July 30, 2013.

I think the real song is "O Christmas Tree..." but we will use "O Oak tree...." for this blog.  We had a huge Oak tree in our backyard-- smack-dab right in the middle of our yard.  It was big. It was massive..0ver 70ft high and so large that we couldn't get our arms around it.  It was so big that Dave was uncomfortable that it was so close to our house-- the tree was literally over whole house-- thats how massive it was.  We lvoed it when we purchased the house because not only did it give us some shade but it was just beautiful.

Then- we had a small tree that came down from a storm.  It scared me.  It made me realize that this big Oak tree could have been the one to come down right on our house.  So we had a company come and clean up the storm damage tree and also take down the oak tree.  I know...its an oak tree I was sad when it came down becuase it had been there for years.  However, the safety of our house, the safety of our family won the battle and now its gone.  We love the extra space we have from where the tree was.  We have lots of firewood from the oak tree..but now I dont have to worry so much when a storm is brewing....

It is so big that it won't fit in the picture!  I guess I could have taken the picture from afar- but trust me...it was massive!
Here it is...all cut up for us to give away or shop down the smaller peices for firewood.

Well...or we could just sit on it and chill....

Working hard to stack the wood




No Responses to O Oak Tree... O Oak Tree..

Leave a Reply