Chocolate ROCKS MY WORLD!

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Monday, July 15, 2013.

So ya'll know I don't diet. First- life is too short to have the word diet in my vocabulary.  Second- I run hard so I can eat my bread, pasta, chocolate and ice cream as much as I want and when I want- BTW- if you don't know already those are my food groups :)

We took the kids to their first trip to Hershey Park this past June with Auntie Debbie and Grammy.  It was a blast- we knew going into the park that the kids really wouldn't ride many rides.  They are not dare devils yet when it comes to coasters and thrill rides.  They did ride a few of the kiddie rides and we watched a fun musical number and walked the park.  My most most favorite stop was when we entered Chocolate World.  People-- you know me...the smell, the taste of chocolate just rocked my world!  I know that you can find most Hershey items at the grocery store but this place everything chocolate in one building!  We rode the Chocolate Ride a few times because they gave us a peice of chocolate at the end of the ride- awesome right? 

What a fun and memorable trip.  Sadly we didn't visit the "Boardwalk" waterpark but I have a feeling that this visit is coming up in the near future.  I am also sad to say that I didn't have the Hershey's Frozen Hot Chocolate. Dave tried to entice me to try it but I saw the words ICE CREAM from across the room and I just kept walking towards the sign.

Next visit to do: 
First stop Herhsey Park Boardwalk Water Park. 
Second Stop-- Hershey's Frozen Hot Chocolate!

So after our day in the park, we decided to visit Kettle Kitchen Village and visit the wonderful, hardworking, very nice Amish people.  Debbie, David and the kids did take a little buggy ride to visit some Amsih farms.  Their trip included a tour of a few real working farms and my kids saw children working in the fields.  They also met a few new friends along the way and had some yummy homemade lemonade and zucchini bread. 

Great trip and we are looking forward to next year's Dove/Fargo trip...hmmm....where to next??

Can't go to Lancaster without going on a Buggy Ride!
 
Blurry picture- I know...but its Matthew driving the bumper cars!

Firt real trip to Hershey (MRD went when he was like2 yrs old!)

I made my own chocolate bar!

I did too-- I can't wait to eat it!

TaDa!  We did it!

Thanks Auntie Debbie and Grammy for this special treat!

Everyone loves a carousel ride!

No Responses to Chocolate ROCKS MY WORLD!

Leave a Reply