Focus on health- WORK HARD & PLAY HARD

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Tuesday, July 30, 2013.

For the last year I have been seriously focused on health.  No- I am not a health maniac who goes on diets, drinks crazy shakes, juice fasting, marathon runner or crazy exercise girl.  You know I don't diet.  However, due to the health issues in our family history it was time for me to take over and really concentrate on getting healthy. 
If I concetrate on losing weight- I don't lose the weight.  Numbers and I don't get a long.  The last year has been a wonderful healthy and mental transformation for me. I have been concetrating on being healthy and at the same time the weight has come off without the pressure of losing weight.   A friend asked me how I have done it and its all due to concentrating on being healthy and enjoying life.  I want to live a long life with the kids and grow old with Dave....

1.  I run 4 miles each day Monday - Friday
2.  I do core training Tuesday-Thursday (Sit ups, abdomen work, weights, arms )
3.  I am OFF on the weekends- no working out unless we do a family bike ride, family walk or family hike.  I rest my body on the weekends, I enjoy my weekends. Devote my weekends to my family
4.  I don't diet- nope. I don't deny myself of certain foods.  I eat chocolate, icecream, bread and pasta.
5.  I have fun. I laugh and enjoy life.

I WORK HARD during the week (work, school, kids, family, homework, chores, working out and eating good food) .  Life happens and there are days I cant make it to the gym but no worries at all- trust me when I say Im not upset if I miss a day or two at the gym!  That WORK HARD attitude mentally shuts off on the weekends and I switch to PLAY HARD with the family.  I give my body a rest on the weekends and its all play all the time!

Both Dave and I had fathers who passed away at a young age.  We both have a history of crazy health issues in our families.  Life is way to short - focus on your health, stay light hearted, Have fun.  Laugh a lot.  Enjoy life and EAT CHOCOLATE!

No Responses to Focus on health- WORK HARD & PLAY HARD

Leave a Reply