Semi-Homemade Wonton Soup

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Monday, March 5, 2012.

I love Wonton soup but the ones you get from the Chinese restaurants, although quick and easy is loaded with lots of sodium. So I decided to make my own version of it at home this weekend. If I may say so myself- I think it turned out really good. Dave liked it and so did Matthew! Here is the recipe! It is super super easy!

Ingredients:
Bag of Trader Joe's Frozen Chicken Wonton
2 conainters of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
2 garlic cloves
2 slices of ginger
1 box of mushrooms
1 can of water chestnuts (if you have it but its not needed).
1-2 spring onions
Handful of spinach or any other green vegetable (that night I only had sugar snap peas)
4 peices of chicken tenders cut up


1. Put a little olive oil on the bottom of a large soup pot. Add garlic cloves, ginger, chicken.
2. Add the mushrooms and water chestnuts
3. Continue to saute and cook until chicken and mushrooms are cooked through
4. Remove the garlic cloves and ginger (since I had littles ones eating this I didn't want them to bite into it. You can finely chop it as well.)
5. Pour in the two containers of chicken broth, water chestnuts, frozen greens or spinach.
6. Pour in the bag of frozen wontons
7. Cook for about 5-7 minutes
8. Pour in bowl and add chopped spring onions!

No Responses to Semi-Homemade Wonton Soup

Leave a Reply