Bus Rider....

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Monday, August 27, 2012.

Packing, cleaning, old house, new house, new school and now a bus rider.  Really.  So many changes in just a few weeks.  Matthew is considered a school bus rider in the development that we are moving to.  Matthew has never been a school bus rider and at first he was very excited.  As the first day of school approached, he was more skeptic and changed his mind about being a bus rider.  He then wanted to be a car rider.  The night before his first day of school, he announced that he wanted to be a bus rider again!  So here we go!  To our surprise there were approximately 25-28 kids at the bus stop!  Once he saw all the children, he was much more at ease and got very excited.  He even had two other children at the bus stop that would be in his class.  Once the bus arrived, all the children grabbed their book bags and lined up to get on the bus.  I waved goodbye until my arm hurt.  I stood at the bus stop until I could no longer see the bus. I was the last parent to leave the bus stop. I walked back to my car...by myself.  He is at a brand new school while I am typing this.  He is meeting new friends, learning and getting familiar with his new surroundings.  Bitter and sweet at the same time.  This was much harder on me than it was on Matthew....



Waiting for the school bus!
Here we go!

Bye Buddy!  I Love you!  Hey....don't forget mommy!  I love you!

And he is off...I was waving frantically. I hope he found a seat next to his new friends.
 I hope he could see me waving.  I stood there until I couldn't see the bus anymore.  

No Responses to Bus Rider....

Leave a Reply