Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup-- Olive Garden's Zoupa Toscana!!

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Monday, May 21, 2012.

I love making a big pot of soup on Sundays.  It lasts us the whole week and for those nights where I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I can make a quick meal for the kids and know that I can have a big bowl of good soup and crusty french bread for dinner!  I love to just have soup for dinner sometimes or even for a Saturday afternoon lunch....soup is always better with french bread though!

As you know, I just love the Pioneer Woman so my first stop was to check her blog to see what she was cookin up.  This is where I found the Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup.  It is very similar to the one from Olive Garden called Zoupa Tuscana and I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. 

This recipe did call for heavy cream and half & half.  I opted NOT to use that and just went to 1% milk instead.  The consistency was a little thinner than the Pioneer Woman's recipe but I knew that using 1% milk would do that to the soup.  I just wanted the soup without the heaviness and fullness of the heavy cream and half & half.  I also opted to leave the red pepper flakes out.  Since Dave and Matthew would be eating this, I knew it would be too spicey for them.  I did add it to my soup when we sat down to eat it...because I like that extra bit of spice! 

Try it out....so easy and so good!  Thank you so much Pioneer Woman for your wonderful recipe!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/sausage-potato-and-kale-soup/

No Responses to Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup-- Olive Garden's Zoupa Toscana!!

Leave a Reply