No Cost Redecorating!

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Tuesday, April 30, 2013.


I love interior decorating, making old things look new, cleaning it up and seeing what I can do with it!  I love great finds at antique stores, flea markets and then bringing them home to see how I can change it up, clean it up or just add it to what I currently have.  I love mixing old/antique things with modern finishes.  Last fall, my building was moving to temporary office space and we were getting rid of a lot of things.  I snagged up an old pin-up board as well as a very old stool.  Since we moved in the fall and the my office moved, this was the first time I had to attack this project for Julia.  A friend of mine also gave me some left over fabirc she had in storage. Since I found these items and our friend gave us old fabric she had in storage...this project was FREE!  Don't you just love it!   So we went to work and here is what we did!

Julia holding up a very old pin-up board, this very old stool that has lovely flowers on it.  The bag of batting is in the back.  (By the way..the stool lifts up so we can put her barbie blothes in it!)

We added bating to the pin-up board to make it a bit softer.
Staple gun - READY!  Scissors- READY!


Julia and I started the project, but as soon as the boys heard the staple gun, some hammering they came up and wanted to join the fun too!

Daddy putting the top of the stool back on.
One more staple in the pin-up board!
Adding ribbons to the pinup board so we can put pictures in it.
See it?!  It looks great!
Beautiful stool!
She picked lots of different pictures from our Disney trip!

Her room!


No Responses to No Cost Redecorating!

Leave a Reply