Cybex- The Beast

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013.

So many of you know that I enjoy running- I don't LOVE running and I don't LOVE the 5K, 10K or marathons.  Three cheers for the people who enjoy participating in these marathoons but its way too many people crowding around me and I like doing my own thing.  I like being able to run without any pressure, on my time and in my own way.  It clears the mind, removes the stress and good for the heart.  I also don't diet- I love food too much.  So this was a way for me to eat the things I love like chocolate, pasta and bread but not feel guilty about it or give it up!

One of the many perks at working for a college is the ability to use the facilities like the gym.  It's not a top notch gym but it has the basics.  I run 4 miles five days a week or more depending on how much time I have.   The days I can't make it to the gym, my running partner, Julia, and I run a few miles around the neighborhood.  As I mentioned in a previous blog, she will run, skip, hop and pick flowers but she keeps up with me!

My school gym recently purchased new equipment and I got on this thing called a Cybex- thinking it was just a normal eliptical machine.  15 minutes into my run, I was grabbing on to the side of the machine, my butt was aching and sweat was coming out of areas I didn't think could sweat.

This is the beast. It looks like a spider thing that could eat people.  It should have a warning sign on it.  It's a good thing I was able to walk back to my office!


The one good thing about this butt-kicker is that it has a FAN!  See that black part above the CYBEX sign??  It's a fan but darn it-- it will only stay on if you are going a certain speed.  If you slow down the darn fan turns off!
 
 

I had gossip magazines and interior magazines I couldn't read while on this thing!

 

No Responses to Cybex- The Beast

Leave a Reply