Spring Break Fun- Field Trip

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Sunday, March 31, 2013.

One very nice perk about working for a college is that I get a spring break!  Although it never coincides with Matthew's Spring Break, I am still able to volunteer at school, run errands, meet up with friends and spend special days with the kids and Dave.  This Spring Break, I went on a field trip with Matthew to the US Postal Museum and the Air &; Space Museum.  We have taken the kids to the Air & Space Mueseum a few times but I was very excited to see the US Postal Musem. 

It was such a neat place and although it was only 1 floor- there was plenty of things to see and do.  I was amazed at the collection of stamps that they had and I found stamps from the Philippines and Maryland.  Matthew was also able to make his very own stamp collection which was pretty neat.  I also loved seeing the old style mailboxes not just from the US but also from around the world!


I loved looking at the stamp collection from all over the world.  The kids thought it was pretty neat since stamps had pictures of cars, trains, houses, different symbols, people etc.

Matthew standing infront of an old horse & carraige that used to deliver mail! Ok- so the horses were NOT real!

The kids loved the old post boxes/mail boxes.  They liked opening and touching the different mailboxes.  We did get in trouble for touching it ,but maybe they should put a sign up or put rope around it so we know NOT TO TOUCH!

Air & Space Museum

No Responses to Spring Break Fun- Field Trip

Leave a Reply