First Day....

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Thursday, August 29, 2013.

There comes a time when both of your kids are in grade school.  The time has come and although I am very excited for Julia it was also a little sad for me.  You see....she is our last one.  She is my little girl.  My baby.  My sweetheart.  My princess.  My girlie-girl.  My sweet-pea.  My drama-tude.  So I knew that this time was going to come and I tried to prepare myself.  I was actually fine until I tucked her into bed last night, said our prayers and she gave me those big brown eyes and asked, "Mommy- what if the forget me on the school bus?" I kissed her and I told her that her brother would be there with her and that no one would forget her....and then I cried my eyes out in my bedroom. 


 Matthew is an old pro now but still very excited about school.  I am blessed to have him as a big brother to Julia because what happened this morning was so touching.  Matthew started school a few days before Julia.  Since she is in Kindergarten she is on a "staggered" entrance which I totally do not agree with (another story for another time...). 

The last few days we have talked to Matthew about being a big brother, helping his sister find her way to class, helping her on the bus, sitting with her on the bus and making sure she gets on the bus in the afternoon.  We have received the normal attitude response, the look and even..."how long do I have to sit next to her on the bus for"?  But when the big day came...he stepped up and was the best big brother anyone could ask for. 

The big morning came and as soon as the bus arrived, they grabbed their bookbags, Matthew grabbed her hand and led her onto the bus. I grabbed them and kissed them allover until they couldn't stand it anymore.  I yelled "I LOVE YOU" until I saw their cheeks blush and then...hehelped her up the steps, put his hand on her back and led her into the bus.  My sweet babies... are now both in grade school and there is nothing I can do to stop them from growing up.

If Dave and I only ever did 2 things right- it would be these two kids...thats for sure

May God watch over my babies while they are in school.  Keep them and all the teachers and children safe and bring my babies back home to me at the end of the day.

 

Waiting patiently for the school bus
 
Here we go!  Julia's First day of Kindergarten! 
Matthew is holding her hand!
 
Look very closely- do you see how he has his hand on her back helping
and guiding her on the bus?!
 
LOVE to you both!
 

No Responses to First Day....

Leave a Reply