Crabby Kids

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Thursday, August 22, 2013.

We LOVE crabs!  We are serious about our crabs, shrimp, fish and seafood! I am not the kind of girl that likes to go to a restaurant and eat crabs.  I am a down-home girl that loves to eat crabs at home.  Steamed crabs are meant to be eaten at home!  Take my time, put my feet up if I want, chill, relax, drink beer and not feel that people are sitting, watching and waiting for me to finish! I like having music in the background or a good O's game on.  I don't mind the clean up at home, I don't mind the mess and I seriously don't mind serving myself crabs. 

Julia just discovered crabs this summer and boy does she love them.  Since crabs take so long to pick we have to come up with the game plan now that the kids really enjoy them:

1.  Feed them something while we are picking their crabs (Burgers, corn, hot dogs, mac and cheese or cheese quesedillas are great and go well with the crabs for kids). 
2.  While they are eating their burgers, dogs etc Dave and I start picking...we found out they can eat 6+ crabs each so we pick, pick and pick until we have a huge pile of crabs on each of their plates.
3.  Once the kids bellies are full and they are happy Dave and I can kick back, relax, have a beer, start pickin and eatin!

 
Really- she does love crabs. 
She was just upset becuase the first one she picked up was still a little hot!

Much much better and a happy face too!

No Responses to Crabby Kids

Leave a Reply