11 years and counting

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Tuesday, April 10, 2012.

Saturday, April 7th, we celebrated 11 wonderful years. I know, I can't believe it either. It has certainly been an interesting , fun and loving 11 years. I hear it all the time of people talking about their soul mates and how they can't imagine or see themselves with someone else. I can honestly say that I truly believe that Dave is my soulmate and I appreciate and love him more and more each day. We have our ups &downs as all couples do but we both work at our relationship and that is one of the reasons why our love continues to grow. It grows differently each day, it grows as parents, it grows as individuals supporting our dreams, it grows as lovers (roll your eyes...) and it grows as friends.

He is quiet, shy, reserved, funny, private, he procrastinates, he is patient and he saves money.
I am outgoing, a chatter box, lively, extrovert, organizer & planner, very impatient and I spend money.
We say "I love you" to one another each day
We kiss every day (even in front of the kids or when we are out and about- I don't mind a little PDA)
We hold hands (just like my parents always did)
We laugh (Dave is so very funny- many of you don't see it becuase he is so shy)
We sing together (corny, I know)
We dance (breakdance, slow dance, hip-hop, ballet and ask him about the Irish dancing)
We have fun and enjoy life

To many more happy and loving years together and as a family.  Cheers!

No Responses to 11 years and counting

Leave a Reply