Daddy

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Wednesday, December 12, 2012.

December 8th was the anniversary of dad's passing.  It has been a very busy last few weeks for all of us with the holiday season, work and of course life in general.  This past weekend and even this week has been a bit tough for me.  Since many of our things are still in boxes in the basement or garage, I have been fumbling through my pictures to find more of my dad.  Dad passed away in 2006 and I didn't have a digital camera back in the early years where I could save the pictures on a USB.  I want to preserve the pictures I have of him and have been in search of them.  I want to create an album that of him that I can share with the kids.

I miss him so much.  It's not just difficult for me now because its the time of year of Christmas.  I just miss talking to him.  Sometimes I talk to him at night, when I am driving and when I am church.  I get frustrated that I don't have the answers that I know my dad would have.  He just had this wisdom about everything.

It gets harder for me each year.
I am getting older, have lots of questions, decisions need to be made about the future and my family.
I miss hearing him sing
I miss hearing him tell me all the facts that may not sound like facts but sound pretty believable
I miss holding his hand

I also get angry that he isn't here to see his beautiful 6 grandchildren.  I know he is protecting them from above.  I know I shouldn't be angry that he isn't here with us.  I am just sad.....

No Responses to Daddy

Leave a Reply