Being Mommy...

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Wednesday, May 11, 2011.

...means waking up in the middle of the night when the little ones are scared= no sleep

...means kissing cuts, scrapes, boo-boos= hoping that there is no infection and that I cleaned it the right way

...means always having the answers for difficult questions like "why is there a sky"= you have you be quick when finding answers that make the most sense even though you don't know if it is correct

...means teaching what is right/wrong, teaching manners, teaching them about the world and life= I just hope I teach them these things correctly to help them as they grow up

....means I get hugs, kisses, cries, attitudes, talking back= do they learn the attitude and talking back from me?

I get to be my childrens' doctor, therapist, friend, foe and many times I am the bad mom because I will not allow them to watch a specific show, have a certain toy or am always telling them "NO!" I just hope that I am the best mom I can be, help open doors to every possible opportunity for them, help them make choices and support them even though I don't agree with the choices and decisions they make and just be there for them for anything. I hope to be like my mom who is incredibly wise, I hope to have her inner strength, faith and have a heart like hers that overflows with love and care.

No Responses to Being Mommy...

Leave a Reply