Holiday Lighting Service

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Monday, December 6, 2010.

I am so thankful that Dave can put up our tree, untangle and test the lights and brave the cold weather to decorate the exterior part of the house each year. Although I start complaining about lights early in the season he still manages to get the lights up and working so we can enjoy the pretty sight for a few weeks during the holidays. Each year my family and I also help my mom and Dave's mom get their decorations up so their tree is twinkling and they can enjoy the holdiay decorations as well.

I think sometimes we forget that there are some people who do not have family in the area to help put up their tree or lights up. It's also just too cold in our area for older people to stay outside and put up lights.

I'm sure services such as lighting service has been available for sometime now, but I just recently heard about this. Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville has a lighting service where they will help you decorate both inside and outside of your home or business and they come back after the holidays to take it down and store it for you. I don't know how much this service is but its a great idea for those who want to celebrate the holidays but can not do it themselves or do not have the help. I have also heard about friends, neighbors, lawn services and students helping those who need an extra hand with their decorations!

No Responses to Holiday Lighting Service

Leave a Reply