Christmas already?

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Thursday, October 18, 2012.

The other day, I went to Kohl's to look for a pair of sunglasses.  Yes- I buy sunglasses on the cheap!  You don't want to know how horrible I am with my glasses.  I sat on them, lost them, dropped them and yes- I am that mom who lets their kids wear her glasses.  I have found my glasses broken and in pieces in my purse!  Really!   So I have learned that I need to wear inexpensive but very cool sunglasses!
Anyway...I went to Kohl's to hunt for glasses.  I walked in and WHAM--- what do I see?  Christmas decorations on October 18th.  The store was decked out with wreaths hanging from the ceiling, trees decorated with red, white and silver balls.  Then....I heard it.  CHRISTMAS MUSIC!
Now..don't get me wrong.  I am no Ba-Hum-Bug of a person.  I love Christmas. But I remember the days that Christmas started after Thanksgiving.  You would go through the Halloween season, then get geared up for Thanksgiving and that same weekend...the stores would be decorated and everyone was in the holiday spirit.You just knew that the holiday season started after Thanksgiving.  What happened?

I just think that October 18th is a little early for Christmas decorations!  Goodness my kids don't have their Halloween costumes yet!  Slow it down  and enjoy life.

No Responses to Christmas already?

Leave a Reply